U.S. News Honors Carter & Bachynsky
The magazine U.S. News & World Report expanded its influential rankings of hospitals and universities to include law firms. From the inaugural 2010 rankings to the recently-released 2021 list, Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P. , has been rated a “Best Law Firm” in Houston. Through a process of client surveys and peer reviews from America’s leading lawyers, the U.S. News rankings showcase premier law firms in 81 major practice areas throughout the nation.
Extensive Law Experience
We know what it takes to win. We have a proven record of success. Our lawyers at Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P., have obtained numerous substantial verdicts and settlements in a wide variety of cases, including breach of contract, wrongful termination, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, whistleblower, minority shareholder oppression, legal malpractice, and employee benefit plan litigation. In addition to our litigation expertise, we are experienced in negotiating employment agreements and severance agreements for executive level employees.
Darryl Carter and Ashton Bachynsky have practiced law in the same Houston, Texas, law firm since 1996. In May 2010, the firm expanded its practice, opening a law office in San Antonio, Texas. Contact our business and employment attorneys online today to learn more about our areas of practice and the lawyer services that we offer.
The last several years showed the wide diversity of cases in our law firm:
- Represented the President of Texas Southern University in his transition to the role of Chancellor at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
- Successfully filed a breach of contract lawsuit and negotiated settlements for numerous medical providers adversely affected by the closing of a local hospital.
- Represented an executive in preparing his employment agreement as President and CEO of a major oil refiner.
- Represented an executive in the negotiation of six figure severance agreement and consulting agreement.
- Advised medical provider in the buyout of a group’s medical practice.
- Represented numerous high level executives in the negotiation of severance agreements.
- Settled a lower back injury lawsuit for the gross amount of $725,000 (net to client of $393,178.66, after payment of lien for medical expenses, attorneys’ fees, and litigation costs).
- Successfully settled a breach of contract business dispute regarding the sale of a business for $500,000.
- Settled confidentially during trial a dispute between a corporation and its former attorneys.
- Negotiated a favorable million dollar plus separation package for a high-level executive.
- Represented Houston energy investment bankers in negotiating separation packages.
- Negotiated numerous separation agreements for employees and executives with non-competition agreements.
- Advised medical field employee regarding equal employment opportunity disability claim and initiated claim with the EEOC.
- Represented Houston company before the EEOC in negotiating a favorable settlement of a sexual harassment charge.
- Represented an appraisal district in an 8-day trial concerning valuation of an underground natural gas storage facility. The court concluded that the property’s taxable value was $284,733,300 for 2012 and $244,672,710 for 2013.
- Our lawyers represented numerous executive and management-level employees of major oil and gas companies in negotiating severance packages.
- Favorably resolved contentious litigation between parties who had been in business together for many years.
- Represented a Houston-area company in preparing an employment contract with a key employee.
- Successfully represented a mid-size company in pressuring its insurer to resolve a multi-million dollar claim filed by a third party.
- Represented a software executive in obtaining a substantial severance package.
- Successfully represented company against claims of harassment and retaliation at the EEOC.
- Represented high-level executive in the preparation of employment agreement with an international company.
- Obtained favorable settlement for expatriate executive for breach of employment agreement and repatriation.
- Resolved a bitter dispute between a company and one of its former employees regarding allegations of post-termination unauthorized computer access.
- Represented an executive in the preparation of his employment contract as President and CEO of a multi-billion dollar company.
- Successfully represented a senior vice president in a lawsuit his former employer filed against him based on alleged wrongful competition. We filed counterclaims for bonuses owed and we obtained dismissal of almost all of the employer’s claims. This resulted in a favorable settlement to our client on his bonus claims, no money was paid on the former employer’s claims, and our client was allowed to continue working with his new employer.
- Represented a corporate executive who obtained a multi-million dollar separation package from his employer.
- Successfully negotiated a resolution of claims by a former employer against a salesman for alleged violations of non-competition agreement resulting in our client being able to continue a new business he started.
- Represented a Houston company accused of firing an employee for refusing to commit a crime. After our firm became involved, the case settled for less than 10% of the terminated employee’s initial monetary demand.
- Negotiated a substantial settlement of a sexual harassment claim against the CEO of an international company prior to a lawsuit being filed.
- Successfully reached a confidential settlement of a sexual assault and harassment claim against the owner of a company prior to a lawsuit being filed.
- Assisted international company with preparation of human resource policies and negotiation of software consulting agreement.
Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P. represents clients nationwide from our offices in Houston, Texas and San Antonio, Texas. Our Attorneys represent clients from all over Texas, including Houston, Galveston, Austin, Baytown, Pasadena, San Antonio, Tyler, Dallas-Fort Worth, Corpus Christi, Seguin, San Marcos, New Braunfels, Boerne and all of Harris County, Dallas County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Galveston County, Fort Bend County, Wharton County, Travis County, Hidalgo County, Bexar County, Hays County, Comal County and Medina County. We have served lawsuits from Texas, New York, California, Arkansas, and beyond in a wide variety of cases including antitrust, breach of contract, fraud, discrimination, lender liability, malicious prosecution, tortious interference, and wrongful termination. Choose our winning lawyers to represent you in court.