Houston Sexual Harassment Lawyers
Any type of hostile work environment is unacceptable, especially if sexual harassment is the cause of the hostility. Employees who have experienced sexual harassment on the job have a right to hold the employer, and the harasser, accountable for their damaging actions.
At the offices of Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P., our attorneys have successfully represented many different clients who have been sexually harassed on the job. Contact our Houston or San Antonio offices today to talk with an attorney.
If you have experienced wrongful termination, lack of promotion or employer retaliation due to your refusal of a sexual favor or reporting of another type of sexual harassment, take immediate action to ensure the preservation of your rights and future.
Do Not Stand for Inappropriate Behavior in the Workplace
Sexual harassment and other illegal workplace actions, including discrimination and inappropriate behavior, should not be tolerated in the workplace. Sexual harassment includes any unwelcome verbal or physical action such as:
- Inappropriate and unwelcome touching, including pinching, patting, rubbing or purposefully brushing up against another person
- Sharing sexually inappropriate images or videos, such as pornography, with co-workers
- Sending suggestive letters, notes, texts or e-mails
- Displaying inappropriate sexual images or posters in the workplace
- Telling sexual jokes or sharing sexual stories
- Making inappropriate sexual gestures
- Staring in a sexually suggestive or offensive manner, or whistling
- Making sexual comments about appearance, clothing or body parts
- Asking sexual questions, such as questions about someone’s sexual history or their sexual orientation
- Making offensive comments about someone’s sexual orientation or gender identity
- Repeatedly asking a person out for dates, or to have sex
Under the sexual harassment laws, it is important to follow the proper procedures to preserve your claim. Our firm is committed to vigorously standing up for your rights as an employee to do your job in a workplace free from harassment. We believe that harassers should be held accountable for their harmful actions, and we work hard to ensure that you can work in an environment that is conducive to your personal safety and productivity.
Our firm also represents employers in certain types of sexual harassment and employment law matters.
Contact Our San Antonio and Houston Workplace Harassment Attorneys Today
Sexual harassment in the workplace does not have to be tolerated. Contact Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P., online today to discuss your sexual or workplace harassment case with a knowledgeable and understanding lawyer at our firm.