U.S. News and Benchmark Litigation Honor Carter & Bachynsky
The magazine U.S. News & World Report five years ago expanded its influential rankings of hospitals and universities to include law firms. From the inaugural 2010 rankings to the recently-released 2016 list, Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P. , has been rated a “Best Law Firm” in Houston. Through a process of client surveys and peer reviews from America’s leading lawyers, the U.S. News rankings showcase premier law firms in 81 major practice areas throughout the nation.
Darryl Carter and Ashton Bachynsky have practiced law in the same Houston, Texas, law firm since 1996. In May 2010, the firm expanded its practice, opening a law office in San Antonio, Texas. Contact our business and employment attorneys online today to learn more about our areas of practice and the lawyer services that we offer.
The last several years showed the wide diversity of cases in our law firm:
- On October 29 finished an 8-day trial before Judge Ben Hardin in the 23rd Judicial District Court of Matagorda County, Texas, concerning valuation of an underground salt cavern natural gas storage facility. We are awaiting the Court’s decision.
- Our lawyers represented numerous executive and management-level employees of major oil and gas companies in negotiating severance packages.
- Favorably resolved contentious litigation between parties who had been in business together for many years.
- Represented a Houston-area company in preparing an employment contract with a key employee.
- Successfully represented a mid-size company in pressuring its insurer to resolve a multi-million dollar claim filed by a third party.
- Represented a software executive in obtaining a substantial severance package.
- Successfully represented company against claims of harassment and retaliation at the EEOC.
- Represented high-level executive in the preparation of employment agreement with an international company.
- Obtained favorable settlement for expatriate executive for breach of employment agreement and repatriation.
- Resolved a bitter dispute between a company and one of its former employees regarding allegations of post-termination unauthorized computer access.
- Represented an executive in the preparation of his employment contract as President and CEO of a multi-billion dollar company.
- Successfully represented a senior vice president in a lawsuit his former employer filed against him based on alleged wrongful competition. We filed counterclaims for bonuses owed and we obtained dismissal of almost all of the employer’s claims. This resulted in a favorable settlement to our client on his bonus claims, no money was paid on the former employer’s claims, and our client was allowed to continue working with his new employer.
- Represented a corporate executive who obtained a multi-million dollar separation package from his employer.
- Successfully negotiated a resolution of claims by a former employer against a salesman for alleged violations of non-competition agreement resulting in our client being able to continue a new business he started.
- Represented a Houston company accused of firing an employee for refusing to commit a crime. After our firm became involved, the case settled for less than 10% of the terminated employee’s initial monetary demand.
- Negotiated a substantial settlement of a sexual harassment claim against the CEO of an international company prior to a lawsuit being filed.
- Successfully reached a confidential settlement of a sexual assault and harassment claim against the owner of a company prior to a lawsuit being filed.
- Assisted international company with preparation of human resource policies and negotiation of software consulting agreement.
Carter & Bachynsky, L.L.P. represents clients nationwide from our offices in Houston, Texas and San Antonio, Texas. Our Attorneys represent clients from all over Texas, including Houston, Galveston, Austin, Baytown, Pasadena, San Antonio, Tyler, Dallas-Fort Worth, Corpus Christi, Seguin, San Marcos, New Braunfels, Boerne and all of Harris County, Dallas County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Galveston County, Fort Bend County, Wharton County, Travis County, Hidalgo County, Bexar County, Hays County, Comal County and Medina County. We have served lawsuits from Texas, New York, California, Arkansas, and beyond in a wide variety of cases including antitrust, breach of contract, fraud, discrimination, lender liability, malicious prosecution, tortious interference, and wrongful termination. Choose our winning lawyers to represent you in court.